Why a healthy workplace?
With most of us spending around a third of our day in the workplace, a healthy workplace is a good place for business and individuals.
Improving health and wellbeing can increase employee job satisfaction and engagement. It has also been shown to improve productivity, reduce sick leave and increase employee retention.
The Healthy Workplaces Achievement Program aims to support and provide recognition to workplaces who set up staff health and wellbeing being programs. If you are interested in supporting your staffs health, register your workplace to the Achievement Program today. Click here to join
Already registered, and don’t know where to start? Check out the step by step guide to setting up your health and wellbeing program with supporting resources. Click here
A number of local workplaces have already made the commitment to creating healthy environments for workers. See the list below to check if your workplace is on board!
- ABC Radio Mildura/Swan Hill
- Annecto Inc
- Bendigo Bank (Mildura Branch)
- Centacare Mildura
- Christie Centre Inc
- Crowe Horwath – Mildura
- Department of Human Services Mildura
- Devilees Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Fishers Supermarkets Pty Ltd
- Fit Mildura
- GJ Gardner Homes
- GTS Freight Management Pty Ltd
- La Trobe University Mildura Campus
- Lindemans (Treasury Estate)
- Lower Murray Medicare Local
- Lower Murray Water
- MADEC Australia
- Mallee Accommodation and Support Program (MASP)
- Mallee Catchment Management Authority
- Mallee District Aboriginal Services (MDAS)
- Mallee Family Care Mildura
- Mallee Sports Assembly
- Max Employment
- Mildura Base Hospital
- Mildura Development Corporation
- Mildura Rural City Council
- Mildura Waves Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Mildura Weekly
- NAB Business Mildura
- National Australia Bank (Mildura Branch)
- Northern Mallee Local Learning and Employment Network (NMLLEN)
- OnJob Training PTY LTD
- Prestige Staffing Personnel
- Scotts Transport
- Sunassist Volunteer Helpers Inc.
- Sunraysia and Murray Group Training
- Sunraysia Community Health Services
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
- Sunraysia Mallee Ethnic Communities Council
- Sunraysia Mallee Network Student Support Services
- Sunraysia and Murray Group Training
- Tasco Petroleum
- The Good Guys Mildura
- Top End Training
- Trilogy Financial Group
- Victoria Police – Mildura
- Wakefield Transport
- Wingara Wine Group
- Zilzie Wines Pty Ltd
Signed Expression of Intent:
- Chaffey Aged Care
- Department of Primary Industries
10,000 STEPS Challenge
Watch this space for information on our yearly challenge
To encourage Mildura to be more active, a whole of community challenge has been created where workplaces, staff, families, community groups and individuals can compete against each other to reach 10,000 steps per day.
Over the past 3 years, over 30 local workplaces have participated in this annual challenge and taken a positive step towards workplace health.
Need something to count your steps? Don’t forget that there over 400 pedometers available for loan through Mildura Rural City Council Libraries (6 week loan).
Life! FREE sessions
- Diabetes Victoria offers organisations FREE sessions on how to prevent type 2 diabetes, along with the opportunity to deliver a Life! course within the workplace.
- Locally SCHS are offering 2 workplaces the opportunity to take this up by 30 April on a ‘first in-first served’ basis.
- To apply compete the attached request form. Note these session can only be conducted on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
Healthy Catering Handbook
Developed by Healthy Together Mildura in partnership with local caterers, the handbook aims to make healthy catering easier by providing a list of local healthy catering providers, along with a menu of available healthy options.
Resources and tips
Want to become a health promoting workplace but don’t know where to start? Check out some of these handy resources, tips and case studies to help you get you started!
- Click here to register to the Achievement Program
- Free Posters, newsletters and resources
- Step by step guide to setting up your health and wellbeing program
- Achievement Program Introduction document
- Workplace wellness programs
- Healthy Together Mildura Healthy Catering Handbook
- Women in male-dominated industries toolkit
- Healthy Eating Policy and Guide for workplaces
- Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines
- Free Quit Smoking Resources
- Food Cents online training program
- Setting up an Employee Assistance Program
Team up at work with Premier’s Active April and WIN!
The health benefits of doing 30 minutes of physical activity a day are great, and so are the incentives for registering for Active April 2016. One of the easiest and most rewarding ways to get involved is registering and joining our workplace team!
If your workplace enters enough team members, you will go into the draw to WIN a Healthy BBQ lunch.
Intensive Assistance Program
Become a state leader in workplace health and wellbeing
Healthy Together Mildura are excited to offer 5 workplaces intensive assistance for three months to jump start their progress through the Healthy Together Achievement Program framework.
The support package outlined in the link below, represents less than 6 hours of your time. During this process we will work intensively with you to help embed health and wellbeing into your organisation’s culture and finalise a strong application for recognition point 1 of the Healthy Together Workplace Achievement Program.
Create a healthier workplace
Need help to get your started? Healthy Together Mildura have collected a great list of resources and services available to help you and your staff make healthier choices. Click Here