Intensive Assistance Program – Early Years Services - applications are now closed, 2017 date TBC
Early Years Services in our region have shown strong support for the Healthy Together Achievement Program, with 100% of local services registering. Our area was the first in the state to reach this milestone. Congratulations!
Healthy Together Mildura would like to support our local early years services to continue to be leaders in the state with this program and are offering 5 Early Years Services intensive assistance to move through the framework and receive the Achievement Program outdoor sign. .
Developed by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Education and Training, the Achievement Program aligns closely with the National Quality Standard, the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework. The Achievement Program action plan can feed directly into your Quality Improvement Plan.
The Achievement Program helps you build on your existing health and wellbeing initiatives and achieve recognition from the Victorian Government as a Health Promoting Early Childhood Service; and Healthy Together Mildura want to help you do it!
Services interested in participating in the Intensive Assistance Program need to submit an application form which includes:
• Signature of service Director indicating their support for involvement and commitment to the Intensive Assistance Program.
• The name of the person in the organisation who is assigned as the key driver for change and their signature.
• A commitment to develop a health and wellbeing action plan (step 5) based on your service’s health priorities and submit it to the Cancer Council by the end of the year.
• A willingness to ‘share your story’ with other early childhood services and the wider community. This will be occur in consultation with your service and could include one of the following; a video capture, written case study, or presentation.
Healthy Together Mildura support
The support package outlined below is an indication only. We will work with each service individually to determine what is needed, and how Healthy Together Mildura can best support each service to achieve their goals.
Health and Wellbeing Team Support
• Attending up to 3 Health and Wellbeing Committee meetings to:
• Explain the whole of service approach
• Outline the Achievement Program framework, steps and priority areas
• Assist to develop the ealth and Wellbeing Committee meeting structure and terms of reference (if required)
• Facilitate activities to produce a health promotion charter for the service
• Provide advice on seeking input from the whole service
• Develop links with health professions
Key Contact Support
• Help to familiarise the key contact with the state level support resources including: the Achievement Program website portal and the tools used at various stages.
• Ensure the key driver for change understands the paper work that needs to be submitted at each point of the Achievement Program cycle to gain recognition.
• Assist with developing the action plan and success measures for submission to the Cancer Council.
Engaging the Whole Service
• Provide a 15 minute presentation to staff about the Achievement Program, how it links with the NQS and EYLF and how they can get involved.
• Provide a 15 minute presentation to the Committee (if your service has a committee) about the Achievement Program, how it links with the NQS and EYLF and how they can get involved.
• Assist the key driver for change and health and wellbeing team with developing an approach to engaging the whole setting which may include: working out the best methods to get input from parents, ways to seek feedback from children, a series of newsletter articles etc.
How to apply for intensive assistance from Healthy Together Mildura
Click the link below for an application form. (Word)
Applications are now closed – 2017 date TBC
Please send your completed applications to:
Team Leader – Healthy Together Mildura
PO Box 2803 Mildura Vic 3502
PH: 03 5025 9644