Captain Carrot and the Crusaders Resources
Captain Carrot and the Crusaders are a team of bright and colourful characters that are here to help early childhood educators encourage healthy eating and oral health with their attending children and families. Led by courageous Captain Carrot, his crusaders are a group of everyday children that impart the special message: “Together, we can be healthy!”
The Captain Carrot and the Crusaders resources feature the Captain Carrot and the Crusaders Story Board Tool. The Story Board is a purpose designed magnetic whiteboard that is used to share healthy eating messages in your service.
You may recognise the feature character as one of the vegetables from Healthy Together Mildura’s ‘Go One Better’ campaign, which encouraged families to eat one more serve of vegetables every day. Captain Carrot and the Crusaders build on that campaign with a dedicated focus on early childhood services.
The Captain Carrot and the Crusaders resources have been developed through consultation with early childhood educators in the Mildura Local Government Area. These resources are a reflection of their generous time and their positive vision of health for our local early childhood community. Healthy Together Mildura thanks them for their invaluable input
- Story Board support resource for early childhood services – PDF
- Parent Pack – zip file
2. Appendix from Educator resource
- The Magic Lunchbox Resources
- Make a Healthy Sandwich Day letter template – Word Doc
- Our Healthy Recipe Booklet letter template – Word Doc
- Our Healthy Recipe Booklet newsletter snippet – Word Doc
- Our Healthy Recipe Booklet Cover Page template – Word Doc
- Captain Carrot and the Crusaders colouring-in sheets (with name etc) – zip file
- Captain Carrot and the Crusaders colouring-in sheets (plain) – PDF
- Captain Carrot puppet template (coming soon)